Things to do in San Diego
- MTS Trolley Green Line - The Green Line runs behind the Town & Country hotel and between the Town & Country hotel and Fashion Valley Mall. The MTS Trolley stop on the green line is the "Fashion Valley" Stop. More information may be found at: https://sdmts.com/schedules-real-time
- San Diego Zoo - One of the largest zoos in the US, the San Diego Zoo houses over 3,700 animals of more than 650 species and subspecies.
- Coronado Island - Resort city located in San Diego County, California, across and around San Diego Bay from downtown San Diego. The downtown district along Orange Avenue contains many shops, restaurants and theaters.
- SeaWorld San Diego – Experience this beautiful park located on scenic Mission bay where you can get close to dolphins, penguins, sharks and more.
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps - An oceanographic museum that showcases research discoveries by Scripps Oceanography scientists on climate, earth, and ocean science and includes interactive elements.
- Golf – With nearly 90 golf courses in every conceivable setting from mountains to desert to ocean, it’s no wonder Golf Digest names San Diego one of the Top 50 golf destinations in the world. Click here for courses nearby.
Beaches and Parks
- Balboa Park - The nation's largest urban cultural park. Home to 15 major museums, renowned performing arts venues, beautiful gardens and the San Diego Zoo, the Park has an ever-changing calendar of museum exhibitions, plays, musicals, concerts, and classes.
- Beaches - There are many beaches in and around the San Diego area. For a listing of all available beaches to soak up sunshine or dip into the Pacific Ocean, click here.
Cultural and Heritage Institutions
- USS Midway Museum - Go to sea without leaving port! Explore more than 60 exhibits with a collection of 27 restored aircraft aboard one of America’s longest-serving aircraft carriers.
- New Children’s Museum - The museum is a dynamic new model of a museum that celebrates children and the arts.
- San Diego Padres Baseball at Petco Park - Petco Park is spectacular in every way, combining the best sight lines in baseball with breathtaking views of San Diego. Architecturally magnificent, it celebrates the sea, the sky, the natural beauty, cultural diversity and unique spirit of our region. Innovative design features evoke the timeless traditions of baseball in an intimate setting, with state-of-the-art fan amenities to suit every taste and budget.
- The Casbah - Concert venue hosting punk and indie bands.
- Balboa Theatre - Historic performance venue.
- Civic Theatre - Performance venue which hosts the San Diego Opera, dance, theater, and musical offerings.
- The Shout! House - Dueling piano bar.
- Gaslamp Quarter - Over 200 restaurants, nightclubs, and retail options.
- Seaport Village - Waterfront shopping and dining complex adjacent to San Diego Bay in downtown San Diego.
- Westfield Horton Plaza - Five-level outdoor shopping mall located in downtown San Diego known for its bright colors, architectural tricks, and odd spatial rhythms.
Bus and Boat Tours
There are multiple bus and boat tour companies around San Diego that provide a quick and informative way to see the city. Here are a few of the most popular providers:
- Old Town Trolley Tour - From the Town & Country hotel, you can take the Old Town Trolley free shuttle to Old Town San Diego. The free shuttle departs from behind the Town & Country hotel daily at 8:50 a.m., departing every 20 minutes. Old Town Trolley Tour also offers for purchase tours that may be bought online at https://www.trolleytours.com/san-diego or from their ticket booths located in Old Town San Diego. If you decide to purchase their La Jolla & San Diego Beaches Tour, the tour shuttle departs from Old Town at 10:15 a.m. Check the free shuttle schedule on the Old Town Trolley Tour website to learn daily hours of operation of the free shuttle. All questions regarding the free shuttle and tours should be directed to https://www.trolleytours.com/san-diego (phone 866-754-0966).
- San Diego Bay Cruise
- Tours for all interests click here
GO San Diego Card Tourist Pass
1 Pass for Entry to 40+ Attractions: Pass includes tickets to popular tourist attractions, including San Diego Zoo, LEGOLAND® California, SeaWorld San Diego & much more. Save up to 50% vs paying at the gate.
REASONS TO BRING YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO HPLC 2022 IN SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA, USA
Known for its near-idyllic climate (75ºF high and 65ºF low), 70 miles of pristine beaches and dazzling array of world-class family attractions, San Diego offers a wide variety of things to see and do, appealing to guests from around the world. We encourage you to visit the San Diego Convention & Visitor's Bureau website to learn more about San Diego’s unique and vibrant regions and the many attractions and activities available.